Tuesday, September 27, 2005


I've been rather aloof this couple of days. My obsession in sports have gotten me into this state of aloof dignity. Sports channels are the only TV channels i watch other than my occasional voyeur fix of those very desirable VJs.

First of all, there's Man Utd! A team i supported ever since i lost all hopes on Tottenham Hotspur(forever the mid-league team). How the hell did they lose to Blackburn Rovers(a teamful of rugby players)? For that lost, i had to endure a Sunday of taunting by my Liverpool loving cousins. Shame on you Man Yoo for bringing shame on me!

Then, there's this stupid Spaniard who crushed me! Fernando Alonso of Renault spoilt the Mclaren party. Despite a 1-2 finish since god-knows-when, Mclaren still couldn't stop Alonso from claiming the Drivers Title. Heartbreak for Kimi and me.

But, many thanks(bow gratefully) to GOD, he created Valentino Rossi. The craziest and most talented rider the world has seen. Winning his 7th MotoGP World Championship in Sepang. That lifted the gloom a bit.

Its especially frustrating when you stay up til the wee hours of the night to watch your team lose. This is sports...always bound to have a winner and a loser. So as to speak, i don't pretty much sound like a gracious loser. Admittedly, i am definately not a gracious loser. Nobody likes to lose, but if nobody is to lose, who's to lose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home